Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Styling Sweatpants

I'm sure that all of us have those days when we don't want to get out of bed. The thought of having to leave the warm, comfy mattress and face the world isn't appealing. To make these days easier, I'm going to show you three outfits, styling three different pairs of sweatpants. Sure you can go out in your Hello Kitty pajamas but for those of you who want to look a little bit more put together, here are three, simple outfits.


For the first outfit, I'm going to be styling this pair of sweatpants. It is a heather grey colour and is made out of a very lightweight material. These sweatpants are a little dressier than the average pair because they are a harem style of pant.
Sweatpants - La Senza 
For my outfit, I added a dressy top with a detailed neckline. The top gives the outfit an elegant touch and the lace neckline eliminates the need to wear a necklace with the outfit. I added a simple statement watch to finish the look. This is a very girly outfit with the embellished shirt and neon yellow watch adding a feminine touch to the plain sweatpants. 

Top - Hollister       Bandeau - Aritizia      Watch - Juicy Couture
My second pair of sweatpants is a darker speckled grey colour with words written on the side of the leg. They are very loose and they tighten around the ankles. This pair of sweatpants is probably what the average person owns and these are my favourite pair.

Sweatpants - PINK
 To style, I added a plain white tank top and a chambray shirt. The structure of the button-up dresses the outfit up and combined with the statement necklace, the outfit seems thoughtfully put together when in all reality, you just added simple key pieces to your pajamas. This outfit is very classic, with feminine colours and simple pieces.

Chambray shirt - American Eagle        Necklace - A little boutique
This pair of sweatpants is my most dressy pair. They are skinny sweatpants that have a number on the leg to give the sweatpants a sporty vibe. They have simple white drawstrings and they ruche around the ankle.

Sweatpants - Abercrombie and Fitch 
 This is my favourite outfit. I added a loose, navy blue t-shirt and a flannel. I knotted the t-shirt up to keep the outfit casual and added a flannel to give the look an edgy vibe. For my accessories, I added metallic bracelets that I stacked to slightly dress up the outfit. This outfit screams edgy and chic.

T-shirt - Abercrombie and Fitch      Flannel - Hollister       Bracelets - A gift
Those are my three looks to dress up sweatpants. They remain very casual but they are more put together than just pajamas. Each look suits a different style and I hope that this has inspired you to create different outfits using your sweatpants. I wouldn't recommend wearing these outfits to a business meeting or anything of that sort but they are stylish enough for most casual events. I added minimum accessories to all three of these looks because during those lazy mornings, no one has time to pick out and wear a number of different necklaces, rings, and bracelets. Stay comfy and chic!

                          -Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment